Having worked in this industry for many years, it is always important to cover all aspects of business, not just the beauty stuff and the fun stuff… If you are operating a salon you need to ensure that your hygiene is top notch for the health and safety of you, your employees and of course of your clients… And because you want to make sure your clients say positive things about their experiences too.
Here are 5 simple tips… but there are many areas that need to be considered…
- Always wash your hands… this is so important and seems simple, but our fingertips carry many germs, so before every client ensure you wash hands with warm water, larva up the soap and work in-between the fingers and dry with a paper towel, you can also use sanitiser.
- Ensure the treatment rooms have a change of towels, sweep up of floor (don’t kick up dust, instead use a wet cloth to get rid of it), and a blast of fresh air from an open window… obviously ensure the room is nice and warm ready for when the next client arrives to give them the comfort they need.
- If you sneeze due to a cold or allergy then do so into your elbow… on to your hand will mean having to wash all over again, and out in to the air will obviously spread germs. Ideally, you will be able to get to a clean tissue in time and can have a quick wash of hands if need be.
- Ensure the toilet room is checked throughout the day, and cleaned thoroughly at the end of each day.
- Fresh breath… after eating have some water and a peppermint. Coffee can make the breath smell unpleasant, as can some foods, so be mindful of how close you are to your clients and how the smell of your lunch from your mouth can effect their experience in the salon… always have your mouth, body, hands and the air in the salon as fresh as possible.
I hope this helps with any new beauticians starting out in their own salons… good luck.
Brides-to-be visit my bridal make-up packages.