Hi all… I’m not sure if you all know, but earlier this year, the Hollywood actress Maggie Q came into Pinkies salon to have her nails done – and you can read about it here and get discount on nails: Your Kent Wedding
Check out the application below for the Gelish: ‘She’s a Beauty’
I haven’t been doing youtube videos for that long, but really enjoy filming the odd tip or news, or product review on my youtube channel… Do you have a channel? I would really appreciate it if you subscribed to my channel. Thank you so much… Here is the link: Kelli Waldock YouTube.
Hi guys… you probably have seen the video from the behind the scenes of the Marc Dressen shoot, if not here it is… was so much fun: Video
And here are a couple of photos:
For those who are dreading Valentine’s Day because you are single… please don’t look at it in that way, instead see it as an opportunity to dress up and look stand-out amazing, and go out on the town with your single friends… And add a touch of passion with your make-up…
- LIPS: Go for a bright red or shocking pink, these pouting lips will attract some nice flirting, but may not be a good choice if you are thinking of having a sneaky single snog… it can be very messy and you will be caught red faced afterwards. You can always opt for high-gloss kissable lips instead.
- EYES: Go full-on with the sultry black eyeliner and smokey look, this adds sexiness and mysteriousness to your make-up.
- NAILS: Go long, go gel, and go bright… anything that stands out and says Proud to be Single… orange, purple, blue, sparkles… If you want to send a special message that you are looking for love, go for the cliche red or pink, and point in the direction of the guy you want affection from… he is sure to notice those Valentine nails.
The start of the year is a popular time for people to flee from the frosty weather and head for some winter sun… But it is important to keep your skin in mind and make-up options too… here are three tips:
- Wear a light tinted moisturiser with SPF15 at least… This will protect your skin, but still allow you to get a little kiss from the winter sun.
- Drink heaps of water – the likelihood is you will be having some cocktails by the pool, so ensure you keep your skin hydrated with a hydrating moisturiser at night, and by drinking lots of water in the day.
- Opt for a less is more look, with a little bit of bronzer to complement your tan, clear waterproof mascara that will not run down your face during splashing in the pool and a nourishing lip balm with SPF15 to stop your lips from getting dried out or burnt.
If you are heading away this month, have a wonderful time and be sure to grab some fab duty free make-up at the airport.
Thank you for following my blog and for reading my posts… I also have a YouTube Channel and would really like it if you subscribed, here is the link.
Calling all salon owners out there… January can be a little quiet on the customer front, so here are three tips:
- Contact regulars and give them offers for treatments throughout January.
- Embrace the quiet days and brush up on your own make-up skills or do a CPD course on a new treatment or business subject such as social media or customer service.
- Consider opening longer hours in December and over the new year, when times are super busy, and maybe enjoy a January vacation, and refresh ready for the rest of the year.
Good luck and Happy New Year
Photo: Chris Bulezuik
Hi all, I’d love for you to vote for my profile on the website BrideBook.co.uk… if you have worked with me or like my website, blog posts or images… all you have to do is click on this link and then click VOTE. It is easy and I’m really grateful for your support. Thank you.