Less is definitely more when it comes to creating an effortlessly youthful look. Here are some quick and easy tips to help you achieve a timeless look that brings out the best in your features without looking caked:
- Opt for a moisturising base with SPF that brightens up your complexion and doesn’t clog up pores or draw attention to fine creases around your mouth and eyes. Coming into Spring and Summer, there are some amazing BB and CC creams around that do just the trick and nourish your skin at the same time, for example Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue or you could opt for a light covering or Airbase airbrushing foundation.
- Once you’ve applied your light base and let it set, take a light creamy cover-up (I love erase paste from Benefit for a creamy texture that goes a long way) and apply it sparingly to any shadows or blemishes still visible through your base. A concealer with light reflective pigments is really forgiving for any under-eye shadows too.
- A light shadow on your lids, a neutral beige or a subtle gold is perfect for daytime glamour, then line your upper lashes with a dark precision liner and gently extend the colour along the lower lash line using a brush to give some subtle definition without heavy lines. Apply mascara to lengthen the lashes and widen your eyes.
- Next, add just a dab of blusher or cream rouge on the apples of your cheeks. A creamy rouge blends really easily with your base and gives a youthful dewy finish for your complexion. Choose a light apricot tone or a dusky rose to get a flushed, walk-in-the-fresh-air look.
- A spot of highlighter blended on your cheek bones, the inside corner of your eyes and just under your brows will lift the whole look.
- Finish off with a creamy lipstick in a neutral shade that enhances your natural lip colour, or go for bold with a seasonal red, pink or coral that brightens the complexion and shows that true confidence comes with age – knowing what suits you and having the courage to wear it!
Brides-to-be visit my bridal make-up packages.