We love the summer! But makeup can melt and you can end up looking smudged and sweaty… which is never a good look, not even at the gym… So here are a few tips on looking fresh this summer:
1) Avoid heavy foundation, if you know you are going to be out in the sun for a long time… try something light wearing products, such as tinted moisturiser, or avoid creams altogether and use a mineral bronze to add a little colour. You could just use a really great sun protector on your skin and cover up ant blemishes, ensuring the product is blended into any problem areas.
2) Drink lots of water, because staying hydrated gives you a fresh natural glow without having to wear much makeup, as does a great night of sleep.
3) Lip balms are great for every season – in summer, lips can get dry and cracked or even sun damaged so use a balm to protect your lips and keep them soft.
4) Wear lashes or mascara, even if you are not wearing foundation, you can open your eyes with fake lashes, and just add a pop of summer colour on your lips.
5) If you are going to an outdoor event or wedding and you need to keep a face full of makeup from sweating off – the airbrush foundation I use on my clients is fantastic for staying power.