I am so lucky to be able to bring different elements of my work together; from beauty therapist to celebrities and VIPs, to nails and treatments in my salon, to make-up for models and actors on set, and of course all of the lovely brides and bridesmaids I bring out beauty of… But what makes a great bridal make-up artist?
- You have to be prepared for all eventualities… for example a trial may have gone one way, but on the day, the bride may have a break-out, or patches of dry skin, or she may have even changed her lip choice, or bridesmaid choice – a host of things can happen – so be prepared with the right equipment, products, your notes from the trial and more.
- Arrive on time, this is a day that you cannot afford to be late, not only does it look bad on you as a businessperson, but more importantly, if the bride is late and it is your fault then that is not a good thing… so be early, and give yourself plenty of time to apply the perfect make-up for the bride and her bridal party.
- If you are prepared and early then it is likely that you will give off calm vines too – it is so important that the bride doesn’t feel stressed, so if you act frantic around her then this could make her feel nervous and not in safe hands. Stay calm and collected.
- Remember that your bride will have so many things to prepare for during the lead up to her big day, she is not going to want to be chasing her make-up artist to check you are still going to turn up… so do your admin… send regular messages to reassure the bride that you will be there and that you have you need, do last minute checks for changes too… this admin must be relevant – don’t stalk your bride, she has enough to do remember, but keep all communication clear, concise and open – this includes the invoice and paying process.
- Enjoy it – just like any job, if you enjoy working with brides, despite the prep and early starts then this will shine through, and brides want to work with people that are positive, friendly and professional. They also want to be listened to – so ensure you listen to their needs and desires for their big day from the very first point of contact.
I have been asked a number of times to do some before and afters on myself – and so here one is… It is a subtle everyday look, bringing out my natural features, and this is what I like to do for my clients and brides – bring out the natural beauty in each person…
You can see how the foundation has evened out my skin tone and I’ve lifted my complexion with some blusher, concentrating on creating a defined cheekbone. If you have high cheekbones, you may wish to add blusher to the apples of your cheeks.
I have darkened my brow slightly, and added shimmer over my foundation to give a dewy look.
My eye make-up opens up by eyes and I’ve also created a really pretty, slightly feline shape to the shadow.
All I needed after that was a little gloss to the lips.
I love working with Michelle, especially when new palettes like this #UrbanDecay one launches… Michelle has great bone structure and gorgeous shape and colour eyes… So of course we squeezed in a before and after make-up during a busy day of clients at Pinkies salon.
As you can see I have built up the colour so it is quite intense, however she still has natural lashes, just licked with some #mascara, so the look could be built upon even more by bringing up the colour higher towards the brow, and with false eyelashes and shimmer make-up added.
This look is perfect for a date, as it shows you’ve made an effort, but not gone over the top… the lighter colour used on the insides of the lid towards the bridge of the nose, opens up the eyes, and really makes Michelle’s green eye colour sparkle. The black liner brings out the pupils and outside of the eye colour, making her gaze really pretty.
It is important to darken and define your eyebrows with a full-on eye look, as it would look unfinished otherwise.
And with eyes quite strong, a nude lippy looks gorgeous.
The Most advanced concept in lip plumping to date, take your lips to the next level with auto mix technology. £18. Limited availability. Contact me for an appointment today.
Call 01227 274519.
- Easy-to-use and NOT Messy,
- Auto Mix Technology,
- Seven Custom Formulations In One Tube
- And you can reset formulations to desirable strength,
- Find out more at Pinkies Salon, Whitstable.
I am a little bit obsessed with chrome nails… these are perfect for the festive season – Halloween, Fire Works, Christmas and New Year – get your self to Pinkies in Whitstable for your flash nails and get ready for party season… Oh they are fab for honeymoons too!
#chromenails #chrome #nails #gels #nails #whitstable #salon #nailsalon #nailsoftheday #kent #beautysalon
Shimmer and Shine
Loving these summer nails – all very bright… on the toes and fingernails… it is all about vibrant pink shades, with glitter, and shine… Gels are perfect for this effect and for staying power. Find out more on my free e-book.