I love this inspiration from the Debra Lamb interview shoot I was recently on. Debra shared so many insights about her experiences in the acting business. If you haven’t already, check out the pics and listen to the interview here: INTERVIEW with Debra Lamb.
I especially like this hair and make-up look for Debra. It’s strong and feminine and really suits the modern Baroque inspired bodice and black and white fishtail gown she is wearing by Belinda – (known for her designs for Vivienne Westwood) on this shoot.
For Debra’s make-up;
- I started with a flawless airbrushing foundation and lightly worked in some bronzer along her cheekbones to add some drama and definition that is perfect for this look.
- I balanced Debra’s iconic berry lip colour with smoky eyes in a warm brown on her eyelids and worked a darker shade into the sockets.
- I used a dark liner and black mascara along the lower and upper lashes, which give a smouldering effect. I actually like this warm brownish amber tone for darker eyes but it works really well on green and blue eyes too.
- Debra’s hair is long so I have created tousled, dropped out curls using tongs – dry shampoo and spray is a must to get this really natural, sultry wave. The trick here, is not to brush the hair but to work with its natural movement. I clipped the sides back for one of the looks, which really highlights Debra’s cheekbones and draws attention to her dark eyes.
Have you tried this look on your clients? I’d love to see the results!
For anyone checking out my site for the first time here are some great places to start:
- Walking up the aisle, the last thing on your mind should be worrying about make-up! A Bridal Make-up trial is an important part of preparing a bride for her big day. Here’s how: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/10/10/what-is-a-bridal-makeup-trial/
- Not forgetting the bridesmaids, so they also look gorgeous while they’re rushing around making sure the Bride’s veil sits right and getting ready to catch the bridal bouquet: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/09/12/amazing-before-and-after-bridesmaid-picture/
- I love this classic Audrey Hepburn style. It’s timeless and works well for bridal make-up and for a sophisticated prom-look or a date with that special someone. Get the look here: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2018/02/14/get-the-1960s-bridal-look-inspired-by-audreyhepburn-perfect-for-valentinesday/
- Whether it’s long tresses or a short pixie cut, my hair-care tips will keep your hair in glossy shape all year round: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2018/01/02/new-year-hair-resolutions/
- If you’re in the business of building your beauty business then check out this video for extra inspiration: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/07/04/reaching-goals-takes-hard-work/
- Nails are the ultimate accessory and really add the wow factor to any outfit. Here are some of my high-shine glamour favourites, from classic French to festival neon, these beauties will survive hen parties, snowstorms and honeymooning days at the beach: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/09/18/gelish-dipandbuff-nails-really-do-last-look/
- I love working with olive skin tones, especially this inspiration for shimmer and glow bridal make-up: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/08/05/bridal-make-up-inspiration-for-olive-dark-skin-tones/
- And because the glamour doesn’t end there, here are some tips for glowing honeymoon makeup: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/12/11/ten-tips-for-glowing-honeymoon-makeup-for-yourkentwedding/
Go on grab a cuppa and check out these links…
Is it just me… or does everyone have loads of fun in December and then get a little bit too sensible in the NEW YEAR? I am just as guilty as the next person – I start to work out again in the gym, lower my treat and wine intake and I get focused on my goals and on work for the year ahead…
This is a good thing though, especially when you run your own business, or if you have to concentrate at your desk… but… I refuse point blank this year to be ‘boring’… so that means keeping a little bit of sparkle somewhere every day in January to lift the post holiday mood.
Maybe you got bought a sparkly handbag or accessory this Christmas… make sure you wear them… don’t just save them for a party that may not come!!!
I find the best way to add sparkle without having to think about it each day is with nails… if you get long lasting nails then you will be set… so every time you glance down at the cash register at work or the lap top keyboard or steering wheel… you can be reminded that life looks so much better with a touch of glitter!!!
These nails are #GelishDip over natural colour and are perfect for a balance of sparkle and sensible this January 2018. #Happy sparkly #NewYear #Nails.
Gorgeous #dipandbuff nails #extensions to elongate the natural nails…
Often products and brands make promises that they just don’t live up to… but as they say, a photo says a thousand words… check out this image of brilliant, vibrant red Gelish Dip and Buff nails that I applied… As you can see there is nail growth, but the rest of the nail is in perfect condition… THIS IS 3 WEEKS AFTER APPLICATION. Amazing! I love Dip and Buff, especially for weddings as I know the nails will last for the honeymoon too!