As a makeup artist it’s really important to get hair and make-up that work well together. Here The V Team opted for a wide blunt fringe clip on by Balmain and curls that frame the eyes and cheek bones.
The brows are defined but in a colour that works naturally with light blonde hair… it is good to choose one shade darker than the blonde. You can see I’ve also blended warm golden copper tones on the eyes that really bring out the pale bluey-green colour. And I’ve added an extra lick of mascara on the lower lashes with a soft white eye-pencil along the inner lash-line to really open up the eyes.
Lashes on the top and bottom of the lids also creates a doll-like flutter that works with the fringe and curls.
I’ve applied subtle contouring for a gorgeous flawless soft-focus complexion and a pop of pink glossy colour which is a fun way to round off this modern, retro look.
Make sure you care for your lips this winter, so you can still pout, rock gorgeous lipstick and kiss your fav fellow ;o) Here are three tips for lip care during cold days.
- Exfoliate dry skin on your lips with a really soft toothbrush – buy a kid’s one. Don’t bite the skin on your lips or pull at it.
- Wear lip balm instead of gloss, lots of moisturising balms can add a subtle sheen, so you still look pretty and made-up without the gloss adding to sore or dry lips.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and eat plenty of nourishing foods and steer clear of refined sugars.
A perfect match of nails and lips, doesn’t always mean doing the same colour, you can opt for a slightly different shade, or adding an accent colour. Glitter over a block colour looks great and is really eye catching… Do the SAME in a DIFFERENT way.
I am all for matching lips and nails… sometimes this can look over the top though…
Contrasting is a great way to do lips and nails in the same colour:
- You can do a lighter shade on the nails, and add one accent nail, perhaps with glitter too.
- You can go matt on the nails and glossy on the lips, but with the same colour.
- If you are going for a really dark nail colour, then it is best to come down a shade or two for the lips, to avoid looking too gothic, or making the lips look too skinny.
- You can choose super shiny or glitter nails, with a matt lipstick in the same colour.
- Some colours just looked right paired with nails and lips, and this is a bright red, or a neutral/nude colour.
For those who are dreading Valentine’s Day because you are single… please don’t look at it in that way, instead see it as an opportunity to dress up and look stand-out amazing, and go out on the town with your single friends… And add a touch of passion with your make-up…
- LIPS: Go for a bright red or shocking pink, these pouting lips will attract some nice flirting, but may not be a good choice if you are thinking of having a sneaky single snog… it can be very messy and you will be caught red faced afterwards. You can always opt for high-gloss kissable lips instead.
- EYES: Go full-on with the sultry black eyeliner and smokey look, this adds sexiness and mysteriousness to your make-up.
- NAILS: Go long, go gel, and go bright… anything that stands out and says Proud to be Single… orange, purple, blue, sparkles… If you want to send a special message that you are looking for love, go for the cliche red or pink, and point in the direction of the guy you want affection from… he is sure to notice those Valentine nails.
If you love the retro eras that brought to the beauty world defined flicks and red lips – then you’ll love this vintage make-up inspiration.