A perfect match of nails and lips, doesn’t always mean doing the same colour, you can opt for a slightly different shade, or adding an accent colour. Glitter over a block colour looks great and is really eye catching… Do the SAME in a DIFFERENT way.
I am all for matching lips and nails… sometimes this can look over the top though…
Contrasting is a great way to do lips and nails in the same colour:
- You can do a lighter shade on the nails, and add one accent nail, perhaps with glitter too.
- You can go matt on the nails and glossy on the lips, but with the same colour.
- If you are going for a really dark nail colour, then it is best to come down a shade or two for the lips, to avoid looking too gothic, or making the lips look too skinny.
- You can choose super shiny or glitter nails, with a matt lipstick in the same colour.
- Some colours just looked right paired with nails and lips, and this is a bright red, or a neutral/nude colour.
For those who are dreading Valentine’s Day because you are single… please don’t look at it in that way, instead see it as an opportunity to dress up and look stand-out amazing, and go out on the town with your single friends… And add a touch of passion with your make-up…
- LIPS: Go for a bright red or shocking pink, these pouting lips will attract some nice flirting, but may not be a good choice if you are thinking of having a sneaky single snog… it can be very messy and you will be caught red faced afterwards. You can always opt for high-gloss kissable lips instead.
- EYES: Go full-on with the sultry black eyeliner and smokey look, this adds sexiness and mysteriousness to your make-up.
- NAILS: Go long, go gel, and go bright… anything that stands out and says Proud to be Single… orange, purple, blue, sparkles… If you want to send a special message that you are looking for love, go for the cliche red or pink, and point in the direction of the guy you want affection from… he is sure to notice those Valentine nails.
If you love the retro eras that brought to the beauty world defined flicks and red lips – then you’ll love this vintage make-up inspiration.