Christmas is a busy time for beauty therapists, makeup artists and hairstylists… And I for one, absolutely love it!
These are traditional looks that always get attention:
- Glitter on the lips or eyes – go with twinkling silver or sparkly gold as opposed to greens, purples or reds as these colours can look a little halloween like.
- Metallic shadows look festive.
- Shimmer on the cheekbone is a winner.
- Bride red lips are a fav too – a bright ruby red that Santa would approve of… but deep berry reds look great too.
These are some trends that you may want to try this coming Christmas fora party or family celebration:
- Two-tone lipstick is a great party look. Choose colours that pop and mix well together, such as burnt orange and shimmering gold or bright pink with mauve.
- Feather lashes are fab – but keep the rest of the look plain and simple so it doesn’t have a fancy dress vibe.
- Nude lips and dewy skin is a trend for 2018 with doll-like lashes top and bottom – think Twiggy in the 1960s.
- Pink shadows look fab – keeping it darker on the inner nose and lighter towards the outer eye.
I have some great links to festive looks for brides on my Press page.
When it comes to hair trends this Christmas 2018…
- Smooth fringes with crimped long hair left loose is a trend for 2018… Where big earrings and a simple slide to pin the hair away from the face. A side parting works better than a centre parting on this trend as it is less seventies and more modern. Crimped hair can bounce too much with a centre parting too. Use a hair shine or even sparkle spray to finish the look.
- Smooth around the face but messy on the top is also a trend seen on the runway… go for a top not that almost looks like you have scooped your hair up before a shower. use spray to keep everything smooth and in place and wear big odd earrings for a really on-trend party look.
- If you want to go with a centre parting then keep the hair straightened and smooth with slides at each side or even delicate or ornate headbands.
- For extra sass and glamour at a party opt for a vintage s-curve hairstyle.
- If you are wearing big lashes or strong makeup then a high sleek ponytail is practical and striking and always a winner on a runway and at a party.
Don’t forget your nails!
- Reds and golds are popular at Christmas… but be bold and dare to go a little unique too.
- Add designs or gems to your ring finger or index fingernails.
- If you have really long nails you can have a nail ring added especially for Christmas.
- Metallic nails look great as do classic French manicure.
- Coral was a trend in summer, but also works for Christmas.
The feature image is Snow Queen Bridal makeup and you can get the look if you click here: Your Kent Wedding.