Lashes and nails really add that extra something to every outfit and just give a more polished final look, whether it’s for a bride or a prom or a day at the beach.
Check out the difference a simple lash- lift makes.
Lifting even the shortest lashes it just opens up the eyes and gives a natural look that can be boosted with a volumizing or lengthening mascara and a precision brush to separate each lash and really make the most of even those tiniest in-between lashes! It is the absolutely perfect for honey-mooning beach days and just waking up with a more natural look and less make-up fuss! Lash lifts are simple and such a worthwhile little luxury and take next to no time at all so are definitely worth adding to any bridal package you are offering your clients, along with brow grooming and the wedding manicure and pedicure no bride can do without…
When it comes to the perfect combination of nails to take any bride from her wedding day through to a two-week honeymoon,
I absolutely adore this combo.
Whether it’s two weeks in Marbella, a week in Malta or a weekend on Canvey Island – this is the perfect neutral nail look that will take you anywhere without having to think about nails for the rest of the trip. The classic French polish is so effortless and stylish and works with a wedding dress or a summer wrap-dress or evening wear. I love this coral tone for toes. The colour really looks perfect with a tan and is subtle enough not to look odd when you’re still building up a tan! It goes perfectly with wedding shoes, summer sandals and flipflops, so it’s my absolute winning nail colour combo for brides that are leaving for their honeymoons directly after the wedding reception.
Check out these amazing bridal make-up pics that I just have to share with you. I’ve gone for a really natural airbrushed complexion with light rosy blush and pink lipstick. The real eye-catcher here is definitely the long lush lashes for a totally bewitching eyes! Not forgetting those long, golden tousled ringlets and tiara that finish off the look and turn this bride into a total princess, wow!
I just have to share these gorgeous bridal pics with you. I made-up these stunning and very glamourous bridal parties. Just look at these bridesmaids. What do you think of the bewitching glittering eyeshadow and glamourous red lips? I love the fake-fur the ladies are wearing to cover their shoulders!
I found this article about a crazy burning man festival in Nevada – a far cry from our summer muddy Glastonbury and Hylands Park!
It got me thinking about keeping our summer skin gorgeous and healthy.
I love a good sun tan as much as the next girl but a little bit of sun goes a long way.
As a beauty, hair and make-up expert it’s my job to make skin look amazing, but it’s always good to advise clients to look after what they’ve got so I can help them make the best of it!
Regular facials and hydrating face masks always help, of course. These are the top tips I give to clients to help keep their summer skin in top shape in between our beauty visits:
- I recommend a moisturising base that is suited to your skin and the important part – make sure it has an SPF of 15 or SFP 30. Let it soak in before you apply foundation – also with SPF of course!
- You might use an after-sun to help nourish your skin after a day at the beach, but that might be too much for your face. Try something with a soothing aloe vera in it and put lashings of moisturiser (without SPF!) on before you go to bed. Or you can try argan oil-based products or just the argan oil which is also brilliant for your body and hair!
- Leave it a day before you get exfoliating – our skin is much more sensitive after a bout in the sun and you don’t want to damage it, so wash with a really gentle and creamy but thorough, foaming face wash to get rid of all the sun lotion. Then a splash of cold water before toning.
- This is less about make-up but definitely about beauty – a stylish sun hat always helps, and water- drink lots of it for plump, hydrated skin that make-up just loves!
- Lastly, try Environ for amazing results… I do these treatments at my salon and it gives a brighter, more youthful skin appearance.
What advice do you give to your regular clients when you notice they could give their skin a bit more TLC? I’d love to hear your comments…
I love this inspiration from the Debra Lamb interview shoot I was recently on. Debra shared so many insights about her experiences in the acting business. If you haven’t already, check out the pics and listen to the interview here: INTERVIEW with Debra Lamb.
I especially like this hair and make-up look for Debra. It’s strong and feminine and really suits the modern Baroque inspired bodice and black and white fishtail gown she is wearing by Belinda – (known for her designs for Vivienne Westwood) on this shoot.
For Debra’s make-up;
- I started with a flawless airbrushing foundation and lightly worked in some bronzer along her cheekbones to add some drama and definition that is perfect for this look.
- I balanced Debra’s iconic berry lip colour with smoky eyes in a warm brown on her eyelids and worked a darker shade into the sockets.
- I used a dark liner and black mascara along the lower and upper lashes, which give a smouldering effect. I actually like this warm brownish amber tone for darker eyes but it works really well on green and blue eyes too.
- Debra’s hair is long so I have created tousled, dropped out curls using tongs – dry shampoo and spray is a must to get this really natural, sultry wave. The trick here, is not to brush the hair but to work with its natural movement. I clipped the sides back for one of the looks, which really highlights Debra’s cheekbones and draws attention to her dark eyes.
Have you tried this look on your clients? I’d love to see the results!