Amy is very naturally pretty, and so the aim with her wedding makeup was to enhance her natural features with a soft smoky eye, which picked up on the mauve-lavender colours of her bridesmaid dresses. This is a romantic look, and so the cheeks are enhanced from the apple up to the cheek bones, but not too high, as this is a soft look, and the lips are a very natural pink, perfect for an English rose feel.
When doing make-up for the bridesmaids it is important that they do not stand out above the bride, but yet it is my job to ensure they are happy and that I work with their features, and tones, so bridesmaids’ make-up may vary – but will also complement the bride’s look, and go along with the overall theme, including colour and style.
Here is coverage of the #Esimbi event on Vox News, where you can see some of the make-up looks…
I was head make-up artist at the first year anniversary of the social enterprise #Esimbi during London Fashion Week in February… the look was almost a Jennifer Lopez inspired high shine complexion, and a really sultry black smokey eye.
Esimbi Event in Various Press
More about Esimbi, and you can support the social enterprise by buying one on the limited edition candles from Pick n Melt.
The gala welcomed guests across industries, as well as a number of celebrities, and fashionistas including Andy Abraham, Anita Dobson, singer LL, celebrity session hairstylist Vicki Lord, actress Helen Baker, and LDNC. People travelled from Europe and Congo to attend this event at the prestigious One Whitehall Place in London.
Music from DJ efe-J, Henna, a photo-booth, drinks and cupcakes added fun elements to the fundraising event, but Tina’s speech highlighted the seriousness behind the issues in Congo for young people trying to make a life for themselves and away from the crime and street culture. Tina broke down in tears at the support from everyone including those who had provided luxury raffle prizes and goody bag gifts from the guests… Balmain Hair Couture Styling Kit, an Upcycling book from Designer Max McMurdo, Hypnotherapy sessions with Malminder Gill, yoga discount from Laurent Roure, Simply Be You jewellery, Pro Diva Hair straighteners, Dilly and Wolf, Cantu, Orange Rabbit Cakes, and bespoke luxury candles from Pick n Melt.
Tina has raised more funds and awareness for Esimbi, which was set-up primarily to provide vocational training with secured employment (via an Apprenticeship Project and an Apprenticeship Resource Hub) to young adults in the UK and in the Democratic Republic of Congo. This is achieved by collaborating with its alliance charities.
Twilight Inspired Make-up
The vamp look is often synonymous with #Halloween, but the movie culture of the past two decades has shown us that the vampire look can be sultry and glamorous, as opposed to gothic and dark. Make-up artist Kelli Waldock has created the perfect make-up look for any bride inspired by Twilight’s Kristen Stewart, and Amy Huttley of the V-Team created a tousled style ideal for this striking bridal look.
Get the make-up look:
It is vital that there is a balance with applying these stronger colours, so that you avoid overdoing the look, and going too gothic. This look is inspired by the sultry female vampires from cult movies and TV series, but not a copy, as this is bridal make-up not costume or fancy dress make-up… so build up the colour carefully, and practise before the big day
- Ensure sure skin is hydrated, and apply a light moisturiser if the skin is very dry.
- Apply a primer to the skin and neck.
- Apply a good-quality foundation, I used Airbase in a pale shade, because it gives a flawless complexion and is the perfect foundation for other make-up to sit on… it also lasts all day.
- Accentuate the eyebrows using a brow pencil, in a shade slightly darker than the natural colour… but not too dark. Avoid blocking in the eyebrows, instead create a natural and light feathered effect over brows to add colour.
- Apply a primer on the eyes to give a great base for the eye-shadow and to conceal blemishes on the eye lid.
- Apply a neutral eye-shadow as a great base for the stronger colour, so that the shades are built up for a smoky effect.
- Apply a darker tone, I used brown, to the outer corner of the lid. This accentuates the eyes. Smudge the brown underneath the lower lashes for a more sultry look.
- Apply mascara, separating lashes and adding colour, bring out the natural sparkle of the eyes.
- Add a hint of colour to the cheekbones.
- Apply a lip balm if the the lips are dry, and then apply a dark lip liner of your choice, cherry red, or a deep purple looks great.
- After you have applied the liner, fill the full lips in with more colour.
- And lastly add a dark coloured lipstick with a brush, this will give more staying power.
Get the hair look:
It is important to keep the hairstyle softer to compliment the strong make-up. A relaxed tousled style is sexy and looks effortlessly pretty, which also helps to soften the stronger make-up look.
- Run hair mousse through dry hair.
- Starting from the nape of the neck, take small sections of the hair and curl using my heated wand.
- Using grips/pins pinch the curls, and leave them to set for a few minutes.
- Lightly spray with hairspray for extra hold to curls.
- Remove all clips.
- Using dry shampoo, I used Batiste, gently backcomb the roots through to the crown of the head.
- Use fingertips to loosen out the curls, creating that desired tousled look.
- And dress with bridal head wear.
- Apply a final spray of hairspray, and the look is complete.
#Nail Tip: Choose a nail colour that is deep and striking… #chrome nails are a winner this season, and if you keep the length of your nails short then this will look less fancy-dress for your wedding.
Make-up artist and #nails: Kelli Waldock: http://www.kelliwaldock.co.uk
Hair: Amy of The V-Team: http://www.vickilordbridalhair.co.uk
Photographer: Ryan Cox: http://www.ryancoxphotgraphy.com
Model: Jessica Barker: http://www.starnow.com/profile/ProfileDetail.aspx?m_id=2107077
I am a little bit obsessed with chrome nails… these are perfect for the festive season – Halloween, Fire Works, Christmas and New Year – get your self to Pinkies in Whitstable for your flash nails and get ready for party season… Oh they are fab for honeymoons too!
#chromenails #chrome #nails #gels #nails #whitstable #salon #nailsalon #nailsoftheday #kent #beautysalon