I found this article about a crazy burning man festival in Nevada – a far cry from our summer muddy Glastonbury and Hylands Park!
It got me thinking about keeping our summer skin gorgeous and healthy.
I love a good sun tan as much as the next girl but a little bit of sun goes a long way.
As a beauty, hair and make-up expert it’s my job to make skin look amazing, but it’s always good to advise clients to look after what they’ve got so I can help them make the best of it!
Regular facials and hydrating face masks always help, of course. These are the top tips I give to clients to help keep their summer skin in top shape in between our beauty visits:
- I recommend a moisturising base that is suited to your skin and the important part – make sure it has an SPF of 15 or SFP 30. Let it soak in before you apply foundation – also with SPF of course!
- You might use an after-sun to help nourish your skin after a day at the beach, but that might be too much for your face. Try something with a soothing aloe vera in it and put lashings of moisturiser (without SPF!) on before you go to bed. Or you can try argan oil-based products or just the argan oil which is also brilliant for your body and hair!
- Leave it a day before you get exfoliating – our skin is much more sensitive after a bout in the sun and you don’t want to damage it, so wash with a really gentle and creamy but thorough, foaming face wash to get rid of all the sun lotion. Then a splash of cold water before toning.
- This is less about make-up but definitely about beauty – a stylish sun hat always helps, and water- drink lots of it for plump, hydrated skin that make-up just loves!
- Lastly, try Environ for amazing results… I do these treatments at my salon and it gives a brighter, more youthful skin appearance.
What advice do you give to your regular clients when you notice they could give their skin a bit more TLC? I’d love to hear your comments…
Brides-to-be visit my bridal make-up packages.