Oh no – I am glad this isn’t one of my bridal clients – but it is a #funnyvideo and definitely what not to do on your special day.
Checkout my tips on #Hitched for the ideal 80’s look for your hen do: CLICK HERE.
I have my make-up tips published on WomenTalking… It is really important to me that I give my brides as much advice as possible when it comes to preparing for their big day, as I know how important it is for them to feel and look amazing.
To check out these tips, please go to: WomenTalking
The vamp look is often synonymous with #Halloween, but the movie culture of the past two decades has shown us that the vampire look can be sultry and glamorous, as opposed to gothic and dark. Make-up artist Kelli Waldock has created the perfect make-up look for any bride inspired by Twilight’s Kristen Stewart, and Amy Huttley of the V-Team created a tousled style ideal for this striking bridal look.
Get the make-up look:
It is vital that there is a balance with applying these stronger colours, so that you avoid overdoing the look, and going too gothic. This look is inspired by the sultry female vampires from cult movies and TV series, but not a copy, as this is bridal make-up not costume or fancy dress make-up… so build up the colour carefully, and practise before the big day
- Ensure sure skin is hydrated, and apply a light moisturiser if the skin is very dry.
- Apply a primer to the skin and neck.
- Apply a good-quality foundation, I used Airbase in a pale shade, because it gives a flawless complexion and is the perfect foundation for other make-up to sit on… it also lasts all day.
- Accentuate the eyebrows using a brow pencil, in a shade slightly darker than the natural colour… but not too dark. Avoid blocking in the eyebrows, instead create a natural and light feathered effect over brows to add colour.
- Apply a primer on the eyes to give a great base for the eye-shadow and to conceal blemishes on the eye lid.
- Apply a neutral eye-shadow as a great base for the stronger colour, so that the shades are built up for a smoky effect.
- Apply a darker tone, I used brown, to the outer corner of the lid. This accentuates the eyes. Smudge the brown underneath the lower lashes for a more sultry look.
- Apply mascara, separating lashes and adding colour, bring out the natural sparkle of the eyes.
- Add a hint of colour to the cheekbones.
- Apply a lip balm if the the lips are dry, and then apply a dark lip liner of your choice, cherry red, or a deep purple looks great.
- After you have applied the liner, fill the full lips in with more colour.
- And lastly add a dark coloured lipstick with a brush, this will give more staying power.
Get the hair look:
It is important to keep the hairstyle softer to compliment the strong make-up. A relaxed tousled style is sexy and looks effortlessly pretty, which also helps to soften the stronger make-up look.
- Run hair mousse through dry hair.
- Starting from the nape of the neck, take small sections of the hair and curl using my heated wand.
- Using grips/pins pinch the curls, and leave them to set for a few minutes.
- Lightly spray with hairspray for extra hold to curls.
- Remove all clips.
- Using dry shampoo, I used Batiste, gently backcomb the roots through to the crown of the head.
- Use fingertips to loosen out the curls, creating that desired tousled look.
- And dress with bridal head wear.
- Apply a final spray of hairspray, and the look is complete.
#Nail Tip: Choose a nail colour that is deep and striking… #chrome nails are a winner this season, and if you keep the length of your nails short then this will look less fancy-dress for your wedding.
Make-up artist and #nails: Kelli Waldock: http://www.kelliwaldock.co.uk
Hair: Amy of The V-Team: http://www.vickilordbridalhair.co.uk
Photographer: Ryan Cox: http://www.ryancoxphotgraphy.com
Model: Jessica Barker: http://www.starnow.com/profile/ProfileDetail.aspx?m_id=2107077
The Most advanced concept in lip plumping to date, take your lips to the next level with auto mix technology. £18. Limited availability. Contact me for an appointment today.
Call 01227 274519.
- Easy-to-use and NOT Messy,
- Auto Mix Technology,
- Seven Custom Formulations In One Tube
- And you can reset formulations to desirable strength,
- Find out more at Pinkies Salon, Whitstable.
I see the beauty in all of my clients, but taking a naturally pretty bride and bringing out her inner beauty with the art of make-up is such a joy for me.
This bride has lovely features and I have applied #Airbase airbrushing foundation to reduce the redness on her nose and to even out skin tone.
The lashes open up her eyes, allowing the stunning green to sparkle.
Rosy cheeks and soft pink lips are subtle and pretty to balance out the dramatic eyes.
Back in 2010, I completed an Airbase Airbrushing Foundation course, and if you have seen my Services page or what my salon Pinkies offers, you’ll see that I specialise in the application of this foundation technique.
This is a perfect foundation to build a makeup look on for bridal due to its silicone base. This silicone gives a flawless, long lasting, smooth and natural look that doesn’t need any touch-ups throughout the day. So as I already wrote – perfect for a bride! Brides want to look flawless right? And you can perspire with nerves or excitement, or get a sweat on under the lights or heat of the sun, especially in a dress and veil… so you need a base to your makeup, whether you are going natural or glam, that will maintain a fresh finish… and this really does!
Here is the science bit ;o) …
In use, an airbrush atomises the product (in this case Airbase Foundation) making the particles of makeup tiny. This is the reason why airbrush makeup is used in HD TV and film… And this is a revolution as HD TV picks up absolutely every imperfection – but Airbase will hide every imperfection including blemishes, birthmarks and tattoos…. So brides can truly feel like superstars on their wedding day with the knowledge that they will look flawless in their photos and on home video even in high definition!
The image shows before and after using Airbase Airbrushing Foundation.