This soft and effortlessly gorgeous bridal hairstyle really draws attention to the eyes and keeps long hair tamed during a summer wedding. Teamed with a flawless complexion and soft pink blush, these beach babe curls look amazing.
Creating the curls
To get the look, section the hair off from ear-to ear and tie the top into a knot ready for later. Take the lower section and tie it into a bun at the back of the head, securing it with pins.
Then take the top section of the hair and create some beach waves with a curling tong. Twist and fix it with spray to set the curl. Take the curls and secure them around the bun at the back, making sure to leave a loose curl to frame the face and that the bun is concealed.
Fix with spray and keep the curls relaxed and slightly tousled for an effortless look! You can add flowers and gems for more sparkle! Check out my short-hair-rescue tips for some more ideas: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2018/05/22/short-hair-rescue-three-styles-for-any-occasion/
Try it… How does it look?
*I did the makeup on this bride, and a hairstylist did the hair.
Traditionally Leap Years are the years that women ‘can’ ask their beloved to marry them… because apparently it is only men that doing the asking any other time…
Look ladies… the next leap year is in 2020… Do you want to wait until then? It really is simple… here is advice from a dating coach… Ladies just get down on one knee and do it… but make sure you look your best of course and bring out your natural beauty.
Getting married in the summer months is a popular choice for people in the UK… there is more likelihood that the sun will shine, and that people will be able to take time off for the wedding, as well as amazing options for outdoor ceremonies, including the beach in Whitstable, which is a stone throw from my salon, Pinkies.
But… yes, there is always a BUT! You must be prepared when it comes to your make-up, and I have given my tips on Your Kent Wedding website, Click here to read the article:
I am so lucky to be able to bring different elements of my work together; from beauty therapist to celebrities and VIPs, to nails and treatments in my salon, to make-up for models and actors on set, and of course all of the lovely brides and bridesmaids I bring out beauty of… But what makes a great bridal make-up artist?
- You have to be prepared for all eventualities… for example a trial may have gone one way, but on the day, the bride may have a break-out, or patches of dry skin, or she may have even changed her lip choice, or bridesmaid choice – a host of things can happen – so be prepared with the right equipment, products, your notes from the trial and more.
- Arrive on time, this is a day that you cannot afford to be late, not only does it look bad on you as a businessperson, but more importantly, if the bride is late and it is your fault then that is not a good thing… so be early, and give yourself plenty of time to apply the perfect make-up for the bride and her bridal party.
- If you are prepared and early then it is likely that you will give off calm vines too – it is so important that the bride doesn’t feel stressed, so if you act frantic around her then this could make her feel nervous and not in safe hands. Stay calm and collected.
- Remember that your bride will have so many things to prepare for during the lead up to her big day, she is not going to want to be chasing her make-up artist to check you are still going to turn up… so do your admin… send regular messages to reassure the bride that you will be there and that you have you need, do last minute checks for changes too… this admin must be relevant – don’t stalk your bride, she has enough to do remember, but keep all communication clear, concise and open – this includes the invoice and paying process.
- Enjoy it – just like any job, if you enjoy working with brides, despite the prep and early starts then this will shine through, and brides want to work with people that are positive, friendly and professional. They also want to be listened to – so ensure you listen to their needs and desires for their big day from the very first point of contact.
I see the beauty in all of my clients, but taking a naturally pretty bride and bringing out her inner beauty with the art of make-up is such a joy for me.
This bride has lovely features and I have applied #Airbase airbrushing foundation to reduce the redness on her nose and to even out skin tone.
The lashes open up her eyes, allowing the stunning green to sparkle.
Rosy cheeks and soft pink lips are subtle and pretty to balance out the dramatic eyes.
These nails brighten up any day, including a bride’s… not all weddings are blessed with sunny skies and warm temperatures… but brides can add sunshine to their day with bright nails… here are five tips:
- Wear bright nails that go with your overall wedding theme… so, for example, if your flowers and accessories are orange, red is not a good choice.
- Add sparkle to the ring finger, with a tonal colour of glitter top coat.
- Ensure you use Gel nails or a product that will last all day and through the honeymoon too.
- With the honeymoon in mind, ensure your toenails match your fingernails, and choose a colour that will pop with a tan… this pink is perfect.
- Be brave, nails don’t have to be plain, or neutral to still look sophisticated and elegant… go on show off that rock and your new wedding band with fabulous nail colour on your special day!
Pretty Summer Bridal Make-up
You will need the skin to look fresh and flawless to achieve a summer bride look.
I applied Airbase Primer to the skin as the perfect base for the Airbase Airbrushing Foundation to sit beautifully on and give a flawless look.
To withstand the heat in the summer you need a good foundation to prevent the foundation from disappearing and sliding off.
With Airbase Airbrushing Foundation this doesn’t happen, as it is silicone base and moves with the skin,
if you have any oiliness all you need to do is pat the skin with a tissue and this revitalises the foundation.
Firstly, I applied a primer to the whole eyelid to avoid creating creases in the eyeshadow.
I have enhanced the look of the eyes by using a soft pink shade in the inner corner of the eyes and used a light grey eyeshadow in the crease to the outer edge, so that it compliments her eye colour and eye shape. I also wanted to define the eyes and add more strength, so I applied a grey gel eyeliner on top, near the lash line and half way underneath to open the eyes with lots of waterproof mascara…
Yes it is supper important to go for waterproof mascara, as there is likely to be tears of happiness from the bride at the wedding.
I used a rosy pink tone to enhance the cheekbone and to add colour for a fresh summer look.
Before I applied the lipstick I always make sure the lips are hydrated and are free of any dry chapped lips, to do this I apply a lip balm – I used a glossy cerise pink tone to add freshness to a kissable pout – which finished the summer bridal look perfectly.