Being a bridal make-up artist, one of the questions I get all of the time is about make-up for the honeymoon – so here are my ten tops tips for getting that glowing honeymoon look… Check out the full article I work with the tips on Your Kent Wedding.
I love working with clients at my salon on a daily basis, as well as brides and commercial shoots because I always get asked interesting questions that I often take for granted…
Here are some ways you can assess which face shape you have…
Square faces have quite short foreheads and short chins and quite equal in proportion.
Round faces have softer features, but short forehead and chin too.
Rectangle faces are similar to square shapes, but with more length from temple to jawline.
Another question my clients ask all the time is what eyebrows suit my face shape?
- An oval face suits a low soft arch.
- A round face can carry a higher arch to counteract some of the roundness.
- A long face suits straight brows that sit lower and thicker to give the illusion of a shorter face.
- A square face suits an angled or ticked arch with the point centre of the overall eye shape.
- A heart shape face looks good with a more defined arch than a soft arch.
- A diamond shape face looks fab with a strong angled tick.
When it comes to having flawless foundation, in order for it to not look flat or caked, it is very important that it is blended down the neck and over the jawline… this is why airbrushing foundations are effective, because the airbrush application ensures an even coverage that starts as light and can build up to the desired finish. If you apply foundation and stop there and leaving it ‘naked’, adding no bronze, contouring or blusher, then the finished look can be unnatural, caked or flat.
Foundation is brilliant in that it covers blemishes and evens out skin tone, but it also covers natural colours and can disguise bone structure. It provides a canvas for the makeup to be applied, which means shine, contouring, bronze and blusher.
SO REMEMBER TO DRESS YOUR FLAWLESS FOUNDATION WITH BLUSH, BRONZE AND SHINE TO CREATE YOUR FINAL LOOK.
Make-up is pretty magical… because not only do I see my clients visually look their best, by enhancing their features or adding contouring or colour… but I see the shine and sparkle of confidence in their eyes after make-up has been applied… check out my before and after gallery for an example of this beaming confidence on my portfolios page. You can see this confidence in two clients photographed too…
So why does make-up make us feel so great?
- The physical application can be very calming and give us some well needed attention.
- The bronze and blushers make us look like a picture of health, so we feel healthier.
- Bringing out natural features with beauty products always reminds us that we have a special feature perhaps that someone has complimented in the past.
A perfect match of nails and lips, doesn’t always mean doing the same colour, you can opt for a slightly different shade, or adding an accent colour. Glitter over a block colour looks great and is really eye catching… Do the SAME in a DIFFERENT way.