Check out these amazing bridal make-up pics that I just have to share with you. I’ve gone for a really natural airbrushed complexion with light rosy blush and pink lipstick. The real eye-catcher here is definitely the long lush lashes for a totally bewitching eyes! Not forgetting those long, golden tousled ringlets and tiara that finish off the look and turn this bride into a total princess, wow!
I just have to share these gorgeous bridal pics with you. I made-up these stunning and very glamourous bridal parties. Just look at these bridesmaids. What do you think of the bewitching glittering eyeshadow and glamourous red lips? I love the fake-fur the ladies are wearing to cover their shoulders!
Like me, I expect you are also looking forward to seeing Meghan Markle’s makeup and hair at the royal wedding tomorrow – I’m just imagining what it’s like behind the scenes…
All the hair and makeup, giggling and champagne.
I wonder if the Queen joins the bride-to-be and the bridesmaids for a tipple?
I am definitely wondering what Meghan will be wearing but I am also looking forward to seeing her make up choices…
Meghan has a golden, olive skin tone and can carry off really bold colours and make-up looks – tropical turquoise and yellow would really suit her skin tone.
Although Meghan has been seen to wear bold red lippy, I don’t think she will opt for red, or turquoise on her big day! I found this throw-back video of Ms Markle retouching her make-up in the back of an Uber with her Go-to make-up expert Bobbi Brown and it’s a great typical example of what really works for Meghan.
Like any bride, all eyes will be on Meghan and I’m expecting her to stick to her classic make-up look for her big day.
We usually see Meghan in the press with a warm brown smoky-eye which really emphasises her intense dark eyes and she highlights her cheekbones and around her eyes using a shimmer.
She is usually photographed wearing a pink blush and pinkish coral lipstick and she has an all-year round glow, which is helped along with some gentle bronzing. For her big day, I expect Meghan will have a more prominent pink blush and go more natural on the eyes and lips, with big lashes.
This would totally be in keeping with Meghan’s classic make up choices and really complement any ivory wedding gown. She may even add a hint of bronze shimmer along her collar bone and shoulders if she opts for an off-shoulder wedding gown.
As for Meghan’s bridal hair, I’m wondering if she is going to wear soft curls, or the classic messy bun, with her hair knotted at the nape of her neck and a few soft strands to frame her face…
Let’s wait and see – not long before we catch a glimpse of the Royal Bride – I’m wondering whether Meghan will get a chance to touch her makeup in a Royal Carriage when she’s on her way to her way to St. George’s Chapel for the ceremony!
Here’s that Youtube video I mentioned earlier…
One of the most amazing things about being a makeup artist is getting to prepare the bridal party for their big day. Yes, there is a lot of organising and running around to do in the time before a wedding. From choosing the right flowers that coordinate with the bridesmaids’ dresses to cake tasting (I love that part though), writing invitations and rehearsal dinners. When it comes to the big day, it’s always an early start, lots of girly giggling and a few nerves in the ladies’ camp, but once I get going with the makeup and hair then you really notice how everyone starts to relax and look forward to the day ahead. I thought I’d share a few pics of this glamourous transformation, complete with full wavy tresses and a princess tiara (I fell in love with these pink floral kimonos!)…
As a makeup artist you tend to have your tried and tested, reliable products that are perfect for any shoot or bridal booking…
I also love trying the new ranges available on the market and updating my bag of beauty tricks with new inspirational beauty products.
I’ve just tried out these Hydrolats from Base Formula in Rose Otto and Orange Flower.
I love the fact that they are in a pump-action spray and totally plant and flower-based.
The Orange Flower one smells amazing and when I sprayed it onto my skin it felt like a refreshing and revitalising mist.
The neroli fragrance is quite calming but uplifting too, especially on aching flip-flopped feet coming into Summer.
It’s in my bag and ready for my next early morning!
The Rose Otto Hydrolat feels quite moisturising and light.
The rose fragrance is comforting and although it is distinctive, it is not at all overpowering. I like to use this one in the evening, either a quick spritz on my skin, or as a refreshing body mist after my shower or as a room spray.
I love the fact that these aromatherapy sprays are natural and can be used with other natural products and creams.
I don’t know about you, but I do love a bit of every day luxury and these sprays feel like a mini-holiday after a few hours on set.
I will certainly be recommending these for brides to pack in their honeymoon case too.
Here is a link to the range of Hydrolats https://www.baseformula.com/hydrolats from Base Formula if you’d like to know more about them. I’m looking forward to trying out the lavender and chamomile ones too!
For anyone checking out my site for the first time here are some great places to start:
- Walking up the aisle, the last thing on your mind should be worrying about make-up! A Bridal Make-up trial is an important part of preparing a bride for her big day. Here’s how: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/10/10/what-is-a-bridal-makeup-trial/
- Not forgetting the bridesmaids, so they also look gorgeous while they’re rushing around making sure the Bride’s veil sits right and getting ready to catch the bridal bouquet: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/09/12/amazing-before-and-after-bridesmaid-picture/
- I love this classic Audrey Hepburn style. It’s timeless and works well for bridal make-up and for a sophisticated prom-look or a date with that special someone. Get the look here: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2018/02/14/get-the-1960s-bridal-look-inspired-by-audreyhepburn-perfect-for-valentinesday/
- Whether it’s long tresses or a short pixie cut, my hair-care tips will keep your hair in glossy shape all year round: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2018/01/02/new-year-hair-resolutions/
- If you’re in the business of building your beauty business then check out this video for extra inspiration: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/07/04/reaching-goals-takes-hard-work/
- Nails are the ultimate accessory and really add the wow factor to any outfit. Here are some of my high-shine glamour favourites, from classic French to festival neon, these beauties will survive hen parties, snowstorms and honeymooning days at the beach: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/09/18/gelish-dipandbuff-nails-really-do-last-look/
- I love working with olive skin tones, especially this inspiration for shimmer and glow bridal make-up: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/08/05/bridal-make-up-inspiration-for-olive-dark-skin-tones/
- And because the glamour doesn’t end there, here are some tips for glowing honeymoon makeup: https://kelliwaldock.co.uk/2017/12/11/ten-tips-for-glowing-honeymoon-makeup-for-yourkentwedding/
Go on grab a cuppa and check out these links…
Traditionally Leap Years are the years that women ‘can’ ask their beloved to marry them… because apparently it is only men that doing the asking any other time…
Look ladies… the next leap year is in 2020… Do you want to wait until then? It really is simple… here is advice from a dating coach… Ladies just get down on one knee and do it… but make sure you look your best of course and bring out your natural beauty.