Are you loving these sparkly nails? Thought so! Came visit the hidden treasure Pinkies salon in Whitstable to add a little bit of sparkle to your life this January…
#SoShiny #GelishNails at #Whitstable salon #Pinkies
I really am not quite sure what has come over me… but I literally feel like sharing the New Year sparkle all the way through this month… It must have been the fireworks and sparkling, bubbly booze that I had perhaps still in my system ;o)
I loved celebrating with family over Christmas, birthdays and New Year in the past couple of months… and it has made me realise how important festivities are… including weddings!!!
OMG… are you a bride-to-be this year???
If so… keep checking back at my site – I have some surprises in store… more inspiration, more tips and a brand new bridal package.
But more of that as and when it happens – probably next month!!!
I just wanted to return to the subject of ‘sparkle’… and how it is so important to have that on your wedding day – that added touch of something special… yes, it is my job to bring out the natural beauty and added sparkle of the bride with hair and make-up… but here are a few tips to ensure you keep that inner sparkle well and truly lit so it shines through your wedding photo:
- Have a trial for your hair and makeup and be 100% certain about your dress – so you feel and look your best.
- Try some relaxation and exercises on the lead up to your big day so you are as stress free as possible – more stress equals less sparkle and that just is a no-go on your special day.
- Even if you have been in a longterm relationship and live with your partner – have a night away from each other without speaking or even texting before the wedding – you will be so eager to see your loved one, you will be smiling from ear to ear – and smiles always means sparkle.
- Try to avoid a heavy night of drinking the night before your wedding even if you like the traditional of a stag and hen… be as fresh as you can for the ceremony.
Both bride and groom are sparkling on their special day…
Is it just me… or does everyone have loads of fun in December and then get a little bit too sensible in the NEW YEAR? I am just as guilty as the next person – I start to work out again in the gym, lower my treat and wine intake and I get focused on my goals and on work for the year ahead…
This is a good thing though, especially when you run your own business, or if you have to concentrate at your desk… but… I refuse point blank this year to be ‘boring’… so that means keeping a little bit of sparkle somewhere every day in January to lift the post holiday mood.
Maybe you got bought a sparkly handbag or accessory this Christmas… make sure you wear them… don’t just save them for a party that may not come!!!
I find the best way to add sparkle without having to think about it each day is with nails… if you get long lasting nails then you will be set… so every time you glance down at the cash register at work or the lap top keyboard or steering wheel… you can be reminded that life looks so much better with a touch of glitter!!!
These nails are #GelishDip over natural colour and are perfect for a balance of sparkle and sensible this January 2018. #Happy sparkly #NewYear #Nails.
As 2018 looms many of us are considering our new year’s resolutions. From learning a new language to sprucing up the house, there are lots of different things you might want to do. But whatever else is on your list make sure to include taking care of yourself, not only inside but out. Celebrate the New Year by setting the goal to improve your hair care and try new hairstyles. From learning how to do a dutch braid step by step to how to keep your strands smooth all year long, here’s everything you need to know to achieve hair goals in 2018.
- Deep condition regularly: Our number one tip when it comes to getting great hair is to include deep conditioning treatments in your hair care routine. These are conditioning products designed to stay in the hair from anywhere between 3 minutes and half an hour. Apply while in the shower after shampooing – take a small amount, rub between your hands then spread liberally across the strands. For those with naturally oily hair focus only on the tips. Leave in for the stated amount of time then rinse off thoroughly. Doing so at least once a week should get your hair in tip top condition, keeping it healthy and soft in the long run.
- Cut every 6-8 weeks: Another key tip for ensuring hair health is to have regular cuts. Avoiding the hairdresser for long periods can lead to split ends and the dreaded frizz. Instead, make sure to book an appointment at least every 2 months. To help you remember try booking your next appointment at the end of each haircut. This is a great tip often recommended by hairdressers and well worth a try. Plus, by creating the habit to visit the hair salon regularly, when the time comes for a change in your look you’ll feel more confident!
- Colour as little as possible: While we all love a fresh head of highlights now and again, it’s important to remember the potential damage harsh dyes can do to our locks. Try to minimise the amount of times you colour your hair if possible. Aim to use gentle dyes with natural ingredients that gently moisturise the strands while colouring. And if you wish to go from dark to very light hair, make sure to do it at a hair salon, and bear in mind that bleaching your hair to perfection takes time and patience, in order to avoid long-term damage.
- Protect yourself from the elements: If you are starting a new hair care regime in January one of the most important things you can do is protect your hair from the elements. Without this, all your other styling may be in vain. Try a large hat or head scarf in silky fabrics (rather than cotton or linen as these can sap moisture). Wear it whenever your hair is likely to face the cold or harsh winds! And later in the year, when summer comes in, invest in UV-shielding products and in deep nourishing treatments to protect your locks from the sun and all those trips to the beach or pool.
- Reinvent your look and try new hairstyles: Finally, after achieving the healthy hair you always wished for, fight against hair-boredom in 2018 with different styles! Bold, elegant or both – just make sure you promise yourself ‘I will try a new hairstyle’. Self-pampering is not only visiting a spa or having a bubble bath by candlelight; it’s also celebrating your precious locks by embracing hair change – and you can do it for free! Take time to learn how to style your own hair in different ways, watch tutorials on how to do a dutch braid or how to use heat styling tools to your advantage, search for hairstyle inspiration… DIY hairstyling is the key in 2018!
These are our top tips to achieve hair goals in the New Year. With a bit of deep conditioning, regular cuts, hair protection and self-hairstyling you will be able to enjoy 12 months of great looking locks!