Okay, so as a mum…who loves make-up…
I know exactly what it is like to do the morning rush of getting the kids ready in the morning… and then I realise that I have to look presentable – I work as a makeup artist and beauty therapist, so it is a part of my job firstly, and secondly it is a part of who I am…
But when the clock is ticking and the kids are kicking up a fuss I too, have to opt for a quick fix sometimes with the makeup in morning.
Here are my tips for mums of kids going back to school today.
1. Go to bed with a fresh face, so you wake up with a fresh face. Use a moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin.
2. Some women tint their lashes so they have that mascara look at all times, so that is an option… your eyes will always look wide and alert even if you are tired. If not, just add a couple of layers of a good quality mascara, but remember to ensure it is waterproof just in case it is raining… or you are the kind of mum who cries on your little ones’ first day back at school.
3. Use a good concealer or primer suited to your skin tone… Apply under nose, eyes and over any blemishes, then add a lightweight foundation.
4. You can add a bit of bronzer or cream rouge to the apples of your cheeks for a fresh look, even without foundation. Add a little gloss or lip colour too, and you will look like you’ve made an effort, even if you have not managed to make the bed.
5. If it is sunny, then you can wear a nice pair of shades, and just add tinted moisturizer – and some gloss.
Brides-to-be visit my bridal make-up packages.